- Commodity Costs – Purchased Energy including margin and losses incurred over networks
- Use of System Charges – TNUoS - High Voltage National Network, DUoS – Local Networks
- BSUoS – Covers National Grid’s day to day operating costs
- Environmental - RO – Funds Large Scale Renewable Generation, FIT – Small Generation.
- Energy Market Reform – CFD – Funds Newer Renewable Generation, CM – Future Capacity
- Government Taxation - CCL - Climate Change Levy, HMRC environmental tax
- Other – Elexon – Balancing the network, AAHEDC – Funds network in Scottish Highlands
The table above shows the components and split of the UK’s Electricity Generation mix.